Email List Validation ® allows you to perform effective email marketing campaigns by ensuring email list deliverability. You can verify emails within your application or website with our real-time API. Offer the best experience possible for your users and help them avoid entry or spamming mistakes.
Create an Account
To begin using Email List Validation ® you will first need to create a free account. You can sign up by visiting the link here: https://app.emaillistvalidation.com/users/signup
Verifying Email Addresses
If you need to verify a list of email addresses, drag and drop your list from your local drive into the dotted area. You can also upload a list by clicking Select Lists and then following the simple steps. Once a file has been successfully uploaded, select it, and click Start List. Wait a few moments and you will be able to download a verified list.
Our API can be integrated into your web applications to verify email addresses in real time. Using the API requires only a few lines of code. For more details, please visit our « Developer API» section
How Email List Validation® works?
Email List Validation® uses a prominent mail transfer protocol called SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) to check if the user's email address is invalid or non-working without sending actual emails to that recipient address. Although this is a simple approach, there is an overhead involved with SMTP, and email servers often behave unexpectedly. Therefore, many companies rely on Email List Validation® to provide email verification. We have been in the email and security industry for the last 10 years and have gained a reputation in the email verification process. Here are our steps we use for emails verification:
- Email deduplication - Domains that match our existing database of invalid emails are removed
- Domain validation - DNS entries for every email address are checked and validated
- Spam-trap removal - Spam-traps and disposable emails are detected
- Risk validation - Remove all of the domains that match our existing database of invalid emails
- Syntax verification - Email address syntax is verified according to IETF standard
- MTA validation - Checks if a Mail-Transfer-Agent has a valid MX Record
The validation process of Email List Validation ® always provides 100% accurate results in real-time. For each email address, we present a detailed validation status. We are extremely confident about the level of accuracy we provide, and we are sure that none of your emails will bounce after getting checked with Email List Validation ®.
Email List Validation® offers several ways to import your list of email addresses into our system for verification. You can upload CSV, XLS, and TXT files from a local drive of your computer or cloud storage such as Google Drive, CloudApp, FTP, and a web server.
Verifying your files by Email List Validation®
To upload a file, scroll to Verify in your dashboard, click on Select Lists and then specify where your file resides. You can also drag and drop your files from your computer to the dotted area in your dashboard.
Once a file has been uploaded, it will be visible in the Imported Lists section. A newly uploaded file will be initially Unprocessed. You can then process it by clicking on Start List.
While you are uploading a file, make sure the following conditions are met for the process process to work smoothly:
- There is only one email address in each row
- Email addresses should appear in the same column
- The list should not have more than 1 million email addresses
- The field names should appear in the first row of the list in order to categorize the list
Below is a screen shot of a file of email addresses to show you how the file should be properly formatted before verification:
Once a list has been processed by Email List Validation®, a Result column is added in the list to categorize the status of each email. Read more about these statuses at our Result Guide section.
This is how a processed list generally looks:
Downloading and Exporting Results
Once your list has been verified, you can download the results in CSV or XLSX formats by using the following three options:
- Deliverable - If you are only interested in emails which are either working or valid
- All Results - If you are interested in the entire list of working, non-working, invalid emails, etc.
- Custom Results - If you are interested in those emails which fulfill your specified criteria
If you want to download the verified results, simply navigate to Verify in your dashboard, choose your desired file from Imported Lists, and click on Download results. A page will pop up asking you to select a file category (Deliverable/All Results/Custom Results) and a format (XLSX/CSV).
Downloading Deliverable Results
If you want to download only deliverable results, simply choose Deliverable and then click your desired file type.
Downloading All Results
You can download your entire list by choosing All Results and then clicking on your desired file type.
Downloading Custom Results
Email List Validation ® first scans to identify disposable, spam-trap, and complaint emails and then runs the email identification process.
After your file has been verified, each email address in the list will be labeled with one of the following statuses:
- ok - All is OK. The server is saying that it is ready to receive a letter to,this address, and no tricks have been detected
- error - The server is saying that delivery failed, but no information about,the email exists
- smtp_error - The SMTP answer from the server is invalid or the destination server,reported an internal error to us
- smtp_protocol -The destination server allowed us to connect but the SMTP,session was closed before the email was verified
- unknown_email -The server said that the delivery failed and that the email address does,not exist
- attempt_rejected – The delivery failed; the reason is similar to “rejected”
- relay_error – The delivery failed because a relaying problem took place
- antispam_system - Some anti-spam technology is blocking the,verification progress
- email_disabled – The email account is suspended, disabled, or limited and can not,receive emails
- domain_error – The email server for the whole domain is not installed or is,incorrect, so no emails are deliverable
- ok_for_all – The email server is saying that it is ready to accept letters,to any email address
- dead_server – The email server is dead, and no connection to it could be established
- SYNTAX_ERROR - There is a syntax error in the email address
- unknown – The email delivery failed, but no reason was given
- accept_all – The server is set to accept all emails at a specific domain.,These domains accept any email you send to them
- disposable – The email is a temporary address to receive letters and expires,after certain time period
- spam_traps – The email address is maintained by an ISP or a third party,which neither clicks nor opens emails
Our API makes use of api key based authentication. You can retrieve your API key by visiting the API section of your dashboard..
Email List Validation API
Email List Validation provides a developer API to integrate the email verification process with your service. Our API provides the ability to check individual email addresses and can accept an email list through file upload.
Submits an email address for verification. We provide the following API libraries:
- Python : https://github.com/Xavierluijer/Emaillistvalidation-Python
- Ruby : https://github.com/Xavierluijer/Emaillistvalidation-Ruby
- Php : https://github.com/Xavierluijer/Emaillistvalidation-PHP
- C# : https://github.com/Xavierluijer/Emaillistvalidation-CSharp
The response will be returned in the form of a plain text string:
- ok : - The supplied email address has passed all verification tests
- fail : - The supplied email address has failed one or more tests
- unknown: - The supplied email address can not be accurately tested
- incorrect: - No email address was provided in the request or it contains a syntax error
- key_not_valid: - No api key was provided in the request or it was invalid
- missing parameters: - There are no validations remaining to complete this attempt
When the response is fail it can be for one of the following reasons:
- The address provided does not exist
- The mailbox is full
- The address provided is a disposable email address/li>
- The address provided is not in a valid format
- The address provided is a role account
- The address provided does not have a valid dns
- The address provided does not have a mx server
- The address provided was found in your internal blacklist containing previously failed addresses
- The domain provided was found in your domain blacklist
You can import a list of email addresses into Email List Validation ® directly from MailChimp. To get started, you need:
- Email List Validation® account
- MailChimp account
To get started, click on Select Lists from your dashboard. A pop-up will appear. Select Add Integration and then click on the MailChimp icon. Provide your MailChimp login, and you are good to go. Your newly imported list will now be visible.
You will have the following five tabs under Account Settings which you can use to manage your account:
Contains your user name, contact details and geographical location (country, city, address and zip code)
Allows you to change your password and view your last login (time and location)
contains your payment history
Allows you to toggle access to the API
Manages the users of your account